Newsboys Foundation 125 Years 21 1907 Membership climbs to 700 and there are waiting lists for trade classes such as carpentry and boot repair 1920s Membership continues to grow and services expand 1923 City Newsboys Society moves to its third and final Clubhouse location at 111 – 117 Little Collins Street 1940s City Newsboys Society offers three floors of things to do and numerous classes including cabinet making, electrical engineering, metal work, basketball, body-building, swimming, wrestling, cricket, football, motor mechanics, model building and table tennis. City Newsboys Society changes its name to Melbourne City Newsboys Society and buys 110 acres (44.5 hectares) at Millgrove on the Yarra River near Warburton for use as a holiday camp 1950 Lady Brooks officially opens the Melbourne City Newsboys Society holiday camp for newsboys at Millgrove 1959 Melbourne City Newsboys Society changes its name to Melbourne Newsboys Club 1960s Enrolments and attendances at the Club start to decline 1973 – 1975 Melbourne Newsboys Club sells its city premises and the Millgrove camp for $775,000 and forms a Foundation. In 1974 grants totalling $16,177 are allocated to community organisations. In 1975, Melbourne Newsboys Club changes its name to Melbourne Newsboys Club Foundation 1976 Annual grants increase to more than $50,000 1980s – 2000s Grants increase steadily to support approximately 35 community organisations each year 2007 Melbourne Newsboys Club Foundation changes its name to Newsboys Foundation 2013 Newsboys Foundation grants total more than $13M since its inception. Newsboys Foundation Awards introduced to celebrate 120th anniversary 2018 Newsboys Foundation has more than $21.6M under management and has made grants totalling more than $17M since its inception. Bowen Street Café is established by STREAT in partnership with Newsboys Foundation to celebrate Newsboys’ 125th anniversary