Overview and Funding Priorities
Applications are by invitation only.
Newsboys Foundation provides grants to community organisations working with disadvantaged young people aged 11 – 21 in Victoria. Generally, we support projects and programs in education, the arts, outdoor education, sport, vocational/life skills and social enterprises.
In particular we focus on supporting projects that engage with:
- Young people from low socio-economic circumstances
- Young people in rural and regional Victoria
- Young indigenous people
- Young refugees and asylum seekers
- Young people with disabilities
Priority is given to initiatives that help disengaged young people re-engage with education, with an emphasis on one or more of the following:
- Successful transition from primary to secondary school
- Completion of secondary school
- Successful transition from secondary education into further education, a trade, training or suitable employment