The Newsboys Foundation provides grants to community organisations working with disadvantaged young people aged 11 – 21 in Victoria. In particular, it supports initiatives that meet the diverse education needs of these young people.
The Newsboys Foundation encourages grass-roots organisations to apply.
A variety of strategies will be considered for support, including programs involving the arts, outdoor education, sport and social enterprises.
Priority is given to initiatives that help disengaged young people re-engage with education, with an emphasis on one or more of the following:
- Successful transition from primary to secondary school
- Completion of secondary school
- Successful transition from secondary education into further education, a trade, training or suitable employment
The Newsboys Foundation focuses on supporting:
- Young people from low socio-economic circumstances
- Young people in rural and regional Victoria
- Young indigenous people
- Young refugees and asylum seekers
- Young people with disabilities