Happy 120th Birthday Newsboys Foundation!
This year the Newsboys Foundation celebrates its 120th anniversary.
If you were a former newsboy or were connected to the Melbourne Newsboys Club in some way please contact the Newsboys Foundation office on 03 9682 4077 or by email to email@example.com to register your interest for events later this year.
The Newsboys Foundation provides grants to community organisations working with disadvantaged young people aged 11 – 18 years in Victoria.
The Newsboys Foundation has an interesting and impressive history, first as a Melbourne-based Club for newsboys from 1893 until 1973, and then as a Foundation supporting community organisations working with disadvantaged young people in Victoria.
Throughout its long life, the organisation has remained true to its core objective of supporting young people in our community who need assistance to realise their full potential.
That all Victorian young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
To fund community organisations to provide programs and activities for disadvantaged young people in Victoria. We will do this by:
- Maintaining a strong financial strategy
- Building a best practice model of a philanthropic foundation
- Ensuring rigorous assessment of grants
- Honouring our newsboys club heritage by paying particular attention to ages 11 – 18 years
- Maintaining high awareness of emerging community needs
- Being expert at working with other organisations
- Building organizational capacity including infrastructure of community organizations
2012 ANNUAL REPORT
You will need the Flash plugin to view this dynamic publication
Download the Flash plugin for free here. Just refresh this page after installing Flash.
Alternatively, you can download this publication in PDF-format - Click here.